Poached Egg with Baked Beans on Toast Recipe
By the wlr team
An easy to make breakfast or lunch, this poached egg and beans recipe will set you up for the day ahead! Enjoy with a refreshing glass of orange juice or a hot cup of tea.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 492
- 25g button mushrooms
- 1 medium egg
- 2 slices medium wholemeal bread
- 200g baked beans
- 14g butter
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and slice.
- Break and drop the eggs into the pan of simmering water.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the water and poach all together for 3 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Pop the bread in a toaster, heat the beans gently. Add the spread to the toast.
- Pour the beans over the toast, add the egg and mushrooms, add a little ground black pepper and enjoy.
This will set you up all morning and is especially useful if you are having a late lunch.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Meals
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!