No Pastry Quiche Recipe
This low calorie quiche is great as a lunch or as part of dinner. It has no pastry so why not try something different? Great with a side salad as a complete meal.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 312
- 250g plain, dry cous cous
- 2 medium eggs
- 410g macaroni cheese
- 250g low fat cottage cheese
- 75g closed cup mushrooms
- 50g honey roast ham
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Make up the cous cous with 300ml of boiling water, stir and leave to settle for 5 minutes.
- Add this to a loose bottom non stick baking dish once all the water has been absorbed. Make sure you press the cous cous down hard into the bottom of the dish to seal the base.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add the can of macaroni cheese and the pot of cottage cheese. Mix with a hand held blender until all the big lumps are gone.
- Slice the mushrooms and arrange over the top of the cous cous base.
- Slice the ham and add to the cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the cous cous and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and the mixture is hard to the touch.
- Leave to stand for approx 10 minutes before serving.
Ideal hot with a jacket potato, baked beans or salad or cold for lunch the next day. This can be made vegetarian if you leave out the ham.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!