Lentil Burgers Recipe
By the wlr team
These lentil burgers make a great replacement for the frozen veggie burgers in the supermarkets. Really low fat and easy to make, serve them up as you would a normal burger and enjoy!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Calories: 479
- 1 medium onion
- 240g tinned green lentils
- 100g cracked bulgur wheat
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 5g tomato puree
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- Roughly chop the onion, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Place the bulgur wheat in a saucepan with enough water to cover for 10 minutes. If all the water has not been absorbed, drain and place in a bowl before stirring in yeast extract and tomato puree.
- Sauté the chopped onions and mushrooms in a little olive oil until onions are translucent. Stir into lentils along with some chopped parsley.
- Allow to cool and then form into burgers. Coat in flour and fry in olive oil until browned on both sides.
|Fruit & Veg||7.0|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!