Comforting Cottage Pie and Steamed Veg
By the wlr team
This recipe makes 2 servings that are packed full of fruit and veg; it has more than 6 of your 5 a day! Served with some fresh steamed vegetables this recipe makes a great low calorie dinner.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 386
- 3 carrots
- ½ onion
- 100g potatoes
- 150g swede
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g minced beef, lean
- ½ can plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 stock cube
- 160g broccoli
- 160g cauliflower
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop one carrot, the onion, potatoes, swede and garlic.
- Boil the potatoes and swede until soft and then mash.
- In a separate pan (preferably non-stick), saute the minced beef, garlic and onion until the beef is brown and the onion and garlic is soft - drain any excess juices/fat. Then add the diced carrot, plum tomatoes, mixed herbs and stock cube.
- Simmer for approx 15 minutes - adding a splash of water if needed and then pour mixture into a suitable dish, cover with the swede and potato mash and then grill until the mash forms a nice crust.
- While this is cooking chop and steam the broccoli, other 2 carrots and cauliflower. Serve along side your cottage pie.
|Fruit & Veg||6.5|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!