Chorizo, Butter Bean & Kidney Bean Hotpot Recipe
By the wlr team
This Spanish inspired hotpot recipe is full of fruit and veg, giving 6 of your 5 a day! Its full of protein, high in fibre and low in calories, what’s not to love?
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 441
- 4 garlic cloves
- 180g chorizo
- 2 small red onions
- 320g broccoli
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 tsp bouillon powder, made up
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and dice the garlic and chorizo. Peel and chop the onion.
- Wash and prepare the broccoli.
- Take the onions and sweat on a low heat in a heavy bottomed cooking pot.
- Take the chorizo and add to the pot, slowly sweating with the onion.
- Add finely diced garlic.
- Leave above to sweat for about 5-mins, the onions should be soft and red (not golden, or brown, or sauted or fried).
- Next add the chopped tomatoes.
- Then add the butter beans and the kidney beans. (You can use any beans).
- Finally, add vegetable stock and some seasoning (salt & pepper).
- Now your pot can gently cook, and simmer away on a LOW heat for the next 2hrs so the flavours get all tasty.
- You can reheat the next day (tastes even better) and make in batches which you can freeze.
- Before serving, add some fresh broccoli for the last 5-10mins of cooking which adds more colour, flavour and texture.
Very tasty, filling and low in cals for a big meal. Enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||6.2|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!