Chicken or Tofu Tandoori Recipe
This recipe can be done with chicken or tofu for a vegetarian option. Easy to make and low calories, serve this dish up with some rice or even a crispy salad.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
1 hr 10 mins
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 292
- 300g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- 100g Yoghurt, Plain, Whole Milk, Average
- 14g Almonds, Flaked, Tesco
- 7.5ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1g Ginger, Ground, Average
- ½ Tsp/2.5g Cumin, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- 1g Coriander, Leaves, Dried, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.75g Turmeric, Powder
- 0.5g Pepper, Cayenne, Ground
- 2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
Crush the garlic & cut the chicken into bite size pieces (or the tofu into cubes)
Put the chicken or tofu in a shallow oven-proof dish. Combine the rest of the ingredients and spread over the chicken (tofu). Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour – longer, or overnight, if you can.
When ready to cook pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Then put the dish in the oven for about 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Tofu will need much less time – about 20 minutes max.
Serve with salad, and brown basmati rice or lentil dahl.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!