Chicken & Mushroom Curry Recipe
By the wlr team
For anyone who enjoys a good curry this recipe really hits the spot. Low calorie and low fat, you can enjoy with a fluffy bed of rice and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 209
- 200g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Organic, Average
- 2 Sprays/0.4ml Oil, Sunflower, Spray, Fry Light
- 2 Packs/500g Mushrooms, Chestnut, Tesco
- 1 Med/45g Peppers, Chilli, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 6 Tbsps Chopped/36g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 1½ Servings/187.5ml Stock, Chicken, Made Up, Stock Pot, Knorr
- 15g Curry Powder, Medium, Sharwood's
- 1 Tsp/5g Cumin, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- 1 Tsp/5g Coriander, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 15g Yoghurt, Greek, 0% Fat, Strained, Authentic, Total, Fage
- 2 Servings/10g Coriander, Leaves, Fresh, Average
MethodWipe and quarter the mushrooms
Deseed and finely chop the chilli
chop the 2 cloves of garlic
make up the chicken stock
Brown the chicken breasts in a spritz of the oil spray
Add the mushrooms, chilli, garlic and spring onions with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover and bring to a simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
Pour in the chicken stock, curry powder, cumin and coriander and simmer, uncovered for 20 mins.
Add more curry powder or cumin if desired and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice, the yoghurt and a sprinkle of fresh coriander
|Fruit & Veg||3.9|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!