Chicken Fajitas Recipe
By the wlr team
Enjoy this classic Mexican favorite, chicken fajitas are always a hit with family and friends! Serve with tortillas and the classic trio of dips: salsa, guacamole and sour cream. If you want to add a little more, grate some cheese and prepare a mixed leaf salad to go in the fajitas too, make sure you’ve got the calories spare though!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
2 hrs 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 396
- 1 garlic clove
- 1000g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 15ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the chicken into strips and place into a large bowl along with the oil, crushed garlic, chilli and oregano.
- Peel and slice the onion. De-seed and slice the peppers.
- Place a frying pan over a high heat, and when hot, add the chicken. Sautee the strips of chicken, when it is half cooked add the pepper and onion strips.
- Cook until peppers and onions are to the desired softness.
Great served with flour tortillas and a trio of dips: Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!