Cheesy Broccoli Recipe
By the wlr team
You should try this quick and easy recipe! It is nutritionally balanced and it’s so simple to prepare and cook that it can be on the table in less than 10 minutes from cutting the first vegetable….
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 223
- 500g broccoli
- 100g half fat mature cheese
- 25g reduced fat butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 50g breadcrumbs
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Turn on the grill to a medium heat.
- Prepare broccoli and place in boiling water until just tender (you do not want soggy broccoli). Grate the cheese.
- Drain and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and heat for 1 minute, stirring. Gradually add the milk, a little at a time, whiking after each addition until fully incorporated. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, whisking all the time.
- Stir in the grated cheese and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Grill until the top is golden.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!