Cauliflower Pitta Pockets Recipe
Why not try this fantastic recipe. Not only is it low in calories but it is also quick and easy to prepare and packed full of vegetables too. A very simple and nutritious treat.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 271
- 400g cauliflower
- 50g spring onions
- 28g watercress
- 120g low fat natural yoghurt
- 200g cooked chick peas
- 4 wholemeal pitta bread
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Wash and break the cauliflower into small bite size florets. Cook, covered in a small pan of boiling water for around 6-8 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Wash, trim and finely slice the onions.
- Wash a small bunch of watercress and chop finely.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl and mix in the onion and watercress. Season to taste.
- Add to the cauliflower florets and cooked chick peas, mixing until thoroughly coated.
- Cut the pitta breads in half and fill with the mixture. Serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!