Broad Beans with Bacon Recipe
Try these boozy bacon and beans as a side with your dinner tonight. This recipe is high fibre and is great to try as something a little different from the norm.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 200
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 200g Bacon, Lean, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 500g Beans, Broad, Fresh, without Pod, Boiled, Average
- 1 Glass/125ml Wine, White, Dry, Average
- 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Chicken, Dry, Oxo
- 1 Glass/200ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 1 Tbsp/3.8g Parsley, Fresh, Average
- Peel and chop the onion, dice the bacon. Peel and crush the garlic. Chop the parsley if using.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and add the onion. Fry over a medium heat, stirring, until soft, then increase the heat and add the bacon and garlic. Fry until the bacon begins to brown.
- Add the beans and the wine, then continue cooking for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add the chicken stock. Stir thoroughly, and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes. Transfer to a heated serving dish, and sprinkle with the chopped parsley, if using.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!