Basic Curry Recipe
This curry recipe is so simple you’ll be making it again and again. It’s low in carbs, low in calories and great served with rice. Try using Lamb, vegetables or eggs to make a change.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Calories: 324
- 1 medium onion
- 6g garlic
- 182g fresh tomatoes
- 3.9g red chilli peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1g ground ginger
- 4g dried coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1.25g garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 200g skinless chicken breast fillets
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, tomatoes and chilli.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add the onion and cook gently for about 20 minutes till browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala, paprika and chilli and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes. Next add the chicken and cook for about 40 minutes.
You could also try using lamb, vegetables or eggs in this recipe for a change. Remember to adjust the calories though.
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
More Calorie Counted Meal Makers
You can take your choice from hundreds more recipes for tasty but healthy meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade favourites, give it a try!