Scotch Broth Recipe
This traditional Scottish soup is full of fresh vegetables and lean lamb. Great served with a whole meal roll this low calories soup makes a filling meal.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 142
- 90g onion
- 100g white potatoes
- 227g swede
- 72g carrots
- 64g celery
- 100g cabbage
- 168g lean trimmed lamb
- 28g pearl barley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 28g fresh parsley
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onion. Peel the potatoes, swede and carrot and dice into 1cm cubes.
- Wash and chop the celery. Wash and shred the cabbage.
- Cube the lamb.
- Put the lamb, pearl barley, bay leaf and onions into a large pan over a high heat with 1 litre (2pts) of water or lamb stock; bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover, simmer for 30 minutes until the onion is soft. Skim any fat from top.
- Add the celery, potatoes, swede and carrot; simmer for 15 minutes, adding the cabbage after 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Great served with a wholemeal crusty loaf.
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!