Minty Lamb Hotpot Recipe
By the wlr team
With 2 and a half portions of fruit and veg per serving this is a sure winner. A warming, filling meal that’s low in calories too it’s well worth the preparation and cooking time!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 342
- 90g onion
- 450g white potatoes
- 225g carrots
- 225g swede
- 10ml corn oil
- 340g lamb, lean
- 1 stock cube vegetable
- 225g peas
- 14g gravy granules
- 30g mint sauce
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Peel and slice the onion, potatoes and carrot. Peel and dice the swede.
- Heat the oil in heavy based pan and briskly stir-fry the lamb until sealed. Add the onion and continue stir-frying until soft.
- Remove the lamb and onion from the pan using a slotted spoon; pour the oil/juices from the pan into an egg cup and reserve.
- Return the lamb and onion to the pan, add the carrots and swede, stir in 1 pint of water and the stock cube, and bring to the boil.
- Add the frozen peas and remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the gravy granules, then the mint sauce.
- Transfer the lamb mixture to a casserole dish.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the lamb and vegetables, brush with the reserved pan juices and cook in the oven for 40 minutes until the potatoes are tender and golden.
This recipe makes 4 portions so double it up and store the leftovers in your freezer as home made ready meals.
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!