Lancashire Hotpot Recipe
This classic Lancashire hot pot is high in protein and delicious. Served with some pickled cabbage this recipe is low in calories and a great dish for entertaining guests.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Calories: 368
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 courgette
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 500g lean lamb cutlets
- 100ml lamb stock, made up
- 568ml water
- 28g pearl barley
- 100g red pickled cabbage
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 160°C / Gas Mark 3 / 325°F
- Peel onions, carrots and courgettes and dice.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Sweat down the diced vegetables until soft and set aside, quickly brown meat in an ovenproof dish then add seasoning of celery salt and black pepper.
- Add the softened vegetables, and add stock plus water until contents are covered in liquid with an additional 1-2 cm above. Add pearl barley and gently mix.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly, layer across the top of the casserole dish and cover.
- Cook, with lid on, for one and a half hours. After this time remove lid and turn up to 180 degrees. Cook for a further 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a portion of pickled cabbage.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!