Lamb Tabbouleh Recipe
By the wlr team
Tabbouleh is a Levantine dish that is full of punchy flavours and pairs great with lamb. So fresh and healthy this is a delicious low calorie meal that is sure keep you full.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
3 hrs 15 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 416
- 10g Mint, Fresh, Average
- 1 Serving/100g Yoghurt, Plain, Low Fat, Average
- 4 Cloves/12g Garlic, Raw, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 300g Lamb, Chops, Loin, Raw, British, Marks & Spencer
- 20ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 200g Cous Cous, Dry, Average
- 15ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 30g Onions, Raw, Average
- 260g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 25g Coriander, Leaves, Fresh, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
1. Combine the mint, yogurt, garlic and pepper to make the marinade.
2. Put the chops into a glass or china dish and brush them with some of the lemon juice. Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and leave for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Turn the grill onto a medium high heat.
4. Finely dice the onions and tomatoes, chop the coriander.
4. Put couscous into a saucepan and pour over 500ml of boiling water, bring back to the boil, turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
5. Stir into the couscous the rest of lemon juice, oil, onion, tomatoes, herbs and salt & pepper to taste.
6. Grill chops for about 15 minutes, turning once.
7. Serve with the cous cous and tabbouleh.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!