Lamb Stuffed Onions Recipe
Try something a little different with these stuffed onions. These are low cal and yet, still full of flavour, if you don’t like onions, make the stuffing and try in other vegetables.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 196
- 400g Onions, Raw, Average
- 168g Lamb, Mince, Average
- 0g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 0g Allspice, Powder
- 0g Cumin, Seeds, Whole, Average
- 168g Spinach, Raw, Average
- 2 Thin Slices/60g Bread, White, Medium Sliced, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 6g Stock Cubes, Beef, Dry Weight, Oxo
- 1 Small/48g Eggs, Whole, Raw, Weight with Shell
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, Gas Mark 5).
2. Place the bread in a food processor and blitz to form breadcrumbs.
3. Peel the onions, slice off the top and root end so they will stand upright, then using a melon baller hollow out the onion to leave a 1cm thick shell. Keep about 225g of the onion's insides and chop and put to one side.
4. Plunge the onions into boiling water for about 5 minutes and then take out and drain upside down on a rack.
5. Cook the lamb over a medium heat until browned and pour off any fat. Add the chopped onion and spices, and cook until the onion is tender.
6. Add the spinach to the lamb mixture and cook until wilted, remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs, egg and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Arrange the onions shells in an oven dish and fill with the lamb mixture.
8. Pour the stock into the dish and bake for 30 minutes, then cover the dish and bake for a further 10 minutes.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!