Lamb Stew Recipe
By the wlr team
This hearty lamb stew is both delicious and low in calories. Full of protein and great when served up with some freshly steamed veg. Dig in!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 221
- 180g onion
- 454g potatoes
- 454g carrots
- 454g lean lamb
- 1 garlic clove
- 20g white flour
- 20g lamb stock cubes made up
- 5g dried bay leaves
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut into bite size pieces.
- Trim the fat from and dice the lamb.
- Peel and crush the garlic and put into a heavy based pan with the diced lamb, then brown over a moderate heat, turning frequently.
- Sprinkle the flour over lamb and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Make up the stock and add to the pan stirring to incorporate any flour stuck to the pan.
- Add the carrots, onions and potatoes; bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- When the gravy has thickened, add the bay leaf and thyme, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until potatoes and meat are tender.
Serve with fresh steamed vegetables. If you're cooking for 1, freeze leftovers and then just reheat for a quick, nutritious meal!
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!