Lamb & Potato Cakes Recipe
By the wlr team
These tasty lamb cakes are filled with flavour. A great main for dinner or also good for snacks or lunches, these low calorie savoury cakes are quick and easy to make. Serve with salad and yoghurt in pitta bread.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 193
- 250g sweet potato
- 25g fresh coriander leaves
- 80g spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 227g lamb mince
- 1 tsp allspice
- 16g tomato puree
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 20g flour
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cooked diced sweet potato for about 15-20 mins in boiling water, drain and mash.
- Finely chop the coriander
- In a non stick pan fry onions and garlic until tender, add lamb and cook gently for about five minutes turning frequently, drain off any excess fat.
- Add potato, allspice, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce, ½ the chopped coriander and salt & pepper to taste, cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Shape mixture into 8 cakes, about 1cm thick and coat with flour.
- Dry fry cakes for 2 mins on each side, (or use barbecue).
- Garnish with remainder of coriander.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Lamb
You can take your choice from many more recipes for tasty and healthy lamb meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own lamb favourites, give it a try!