Tasty Teriyaki Chicken Noodles
By the wlr team
High fibre, high protein and high convenience. From fridge to table in less than 20 minutes and super healthy.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 529
- 80g edamame beans, frozen
- 63 soba noodles
- ½ carrot
- ½ red chilli pepper
- 1 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, light
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Boil a full kettle. Put the edamame beans in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Add the rest of the boiling water to a medium pan on the hob and allow to simmer ready for the noodles.
- Peel and finely slice or grate the carrot. De-seed and finely chop the chilli (enough to suit your taste), dice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Put a wok or large heavy bottomed pan on a high heat and add the sesame oil. As soon as the oil starts to smoke add the chicken and stir fry until cooked through (approx. 3-4 minutes). Take off the heat.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water (they need about 3 minutes). Drain the edamame beans and add to the chicken, putting it back on the heat, add the chilli and the carrots. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes and take off the heat.
- Using tongs, transfer the noodles to the wok - it doesn't matter if a little of the cooking water transfers (alternatively drain into a sieve/colander).
- Put the wok back on the heat but reduce to low. Add 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce and 1 tbsp soy. Stir fry for another minute.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!