Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Feta & Kale
By the wlr team
Sweet potatoes stuffed with a veggie mix of kale and feta cheese. Enjoy topped with sour cream or guacamole if you have the cals spare.
Suitable for vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 527
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 150g curly kale
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 100g feta cheese
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Put a large heavy bottomed pan (you'll need a lid) onto a medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Wash the sweet potatoes and stab with a fork (6-8 times each) and bake near the top of the oven for 45-60 mins, until you can easily slide a knife in.
- Strip the leaves from the stems of the kale and discard the stems. Roughly chop to small pieces then wash (do not dry).
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for a minute, then add the kale and mix thoroughly to coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, add chilli flakes if you want them, and sauté for2 mins. Cover and cook for around 5 mins until the kale is fully wilted. Remove from the heat, squeeze in the lemon juice and stir. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, slice down the middle lengthways to about half depth. Using a fork fluff out half the potato flesh and add to the pan with the kale, mix thoroughly. Crumble in the feta and mix.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly back into the potatoes and serve while piping hot.
|Fruit & Veg||6.3|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!