Kale, Feta and Egg Breakfast Muffins
By the wlr team
These egg muffins can be eaten cold, and will keep in the fridge wrapped in greaseproof paper for up to 3 days. They can also be made in a bigger batch and frozen for later use.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 319
- 80g curly kale
- 4 eggs
- 30ml semi skimmed milk
- 30g feta cheese
- 20 sprays olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 crispbreads
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 160C/gas mark 3. Put a pan of boiling water on the hob.
- Remove the stalks from the kale and roughly chop. Blanch in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Beat together 4 medium eggs and a splash of semi skimmed milk with a generous pinch of black pepper.
- Add the kale to the egg mixture, crumble in the feta cheese and mix.
- Spray a muffin tray with oil and divide the mixture between 4 and bake for 15-20 mins, until cooked through.
- While cooking, carefully grate the tomatoes into a bowl. Serve with the egg muffins (sprinkled with a little salt), and 2 dark rye crispbreads per person.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!