Creamy Corn & White Bean Chowder
By the wlr team
This creamy chowder has over 10g fibre per serving. Decadent but still under 400 cals per serving, grab some crusty bread and enjoy!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 356
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 15g wholemeal flour
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 4 slices brown seeded bread
- Peel & finely chop the onion & potato. Drain the beans. Make the stock cube up with boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a low-medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and fry gently until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 mins, stirring continuously. Add the stock and stir.
- Remove the onions from the heat and and stir in the milk, a little at a time. Return to the heat and slowly bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Add the potatoes, beans and sweetcorn (you can reserve a few kernels for a garnish later if you want). Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15mins (or until the potatoes are tender).
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender or food processor to smooth the soup to your preferred consistency.
- Put back on the heat with a couple pinches each of salt and black pepper. Warm through, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve with a slice of seeded bread.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!