Chocolatey Pancakes with Fresh Raspberries
By the wlr team
With over 10g of fibre per serving, these pancakes are delicious, chocolatey and the perfect way to start the day right.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 318
- 150g raspberries, frozen
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 25g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 25g brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 30g chocolate sauce
- Take the raspberries from the freezer. Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium - low heat.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar & baking powder with a pinch of salt.
- Beat the egg, add to the mix and whisk until smooth. Add the vanilla extract then gradually whisk in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Ladle the mixture into the pan to make small pancakes (the mixture should make 8... 4 per person). You can put cooked pancakes to the side while you make the rest if needed.
- Serve drizzled with chocolate sauce and scattered with raspberries.
*Tip: Fresh raspberries work just as well. You can substitute the chocolate sauce for maple syrup if you'd like. If you'd like to counter the sweetness a little, use a low fat cream cheese instead (whipped with a fork).
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!