Cheesy Chilli Bean Quesadilla
By the wlr team
These quesadillas have nearly 1/3 of your daily fibre and protein intake in just 1 serving.
Suitable for vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 490
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli pepper
- 20g cheddar cheese, mature
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can mixed beans
- ½ tsp lime juice, fresh
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, fresh
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 60g salsa
- Put a large non-stick frying pan or heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat on the hob (it needs to be big enough for your tortillas).
- Peel and finely dice the onion, peel and crush the garlic, de-seed and finely chop the chilli. Grate the cheese and scoop out and dice the avocado.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add the onions. Sauté until softened (about 4-5 mins). Add the garlic and chilli and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and add the beans and the lime juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. The beans don't need to cook, just warm through - about 2 minutes while stirring a little.
- Remove the bean mixture from the pan into a bowl with as much of the pan juices as possible. Add the avocado chunks and stir gently to combine.
- Lay a tortilla in the pan, spread the bean mixture evenly over the tortilla, sprinkle with the grated cheese, and top with the second tortilla. You want the tortilla underneath to just toast and slightly brown - use a spatula to pick up the edge a little to check, it should take around 2-3 minutes.
- Once toasted, carefully turn the tortilla to toast the other side. You can use a plate to help you flip it if necessary.
- Cut into 4 quarters (2 quarters per person). Serve with the coriander leaves, sour cream, and salsa.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!