Easy Garlic Prawns and Egg Fried Rice
A low calorie dinner with a taste of the East. You can easily substitute turkey/chicken breast for a change, or firm tofu to make this dish veggie.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 344
- 80g Dry Brown Rice
- 200g Cooked and Peeled Prawns
- 20 Pumps Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Sm Red Onion
- 50g Frozen Peas
- 80g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 1 Med Egg
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Put a pan of water on to boil and cook the rice as per pack instructions.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, crush the garlic, beat the egg in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat with 20 sprays olive oil. Add the prawns, paprika, cumin, onion, garlic and water. Once the prawns are cooked through and the onion softened, remove the mixture from the pan.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn to the rice pan for the last 3 mins of cooking.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain well and allow to steam off for 2-3 mins to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add another 10 sprays olive oil to the pan the prawns were cooked in. Add the rice to the pan and stir quickly. Make a well in the centre and tip in the egg. Allow to cook a little, then as the egg is almost finished cooking, stir through the rice. Serve immediately with the prawns.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!