Venison Salad Recipe
If you want to get a little inventive with your salads, try out this low calorie, low carb venison salad for less than 300 calories per serving! With an array of ingredients from mustard to blackberries it may seem a little too inventive, but don’t be afraid!! It will be a hit!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 296
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 90ml olive oil
- 10ml walnut oil
- 30g red onion
- 150g fine green beans
- 120g mixed green salad
- 175g venison steak
- 175g blackberries
- 100g redcurrants
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Whisk the vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, the walnut oil and the red onion. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Cook the French beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes until just tender, Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again. Place in a large bowl with the salad.
- Heat a heavy based saucepan until hot. Season the venison steaks with freshly ground black pepper, pressing the pepper into the meat, and then cook for 3-5 minutes per side depending on taste. Allow to rest for 5 mins then, on a clean chopping board, slice into pieces.
- Add the blackberries and redcurrants to the pan and warm through.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well to combine, then drizzle half over the salad and combine this with the fruit.
- Arrange the venison on top of the salad and drizzle with the remainder of the oil.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Game
You'll find more recipes for game in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite game dishes, give it a try!