Sweet & Juicy Fruit Salad Recipe
By the wlr team
Extremely low calorie and low fat, this simple fruit salad takes on a new twist when you combine juicy fruits with a home-made Cointreau syrup.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Calories: 61
- 200g melon
- 50g red and green grapes
- 50g cherries
- 1 medium mandarin
- 110g peach
- 80g strawberries
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100ml pure orange juice
- 15ml Cointreau
- Prepare the melon and cut flesh into cubes.
- Wash the grapes and halve and de-seed.
- Wash halve and stone the cherries.
- Peel the mandarin and break into segments.
- Peel, stone and cube the peach.
- Wash and cut the strawberries in half.
- Heat the water in a pan, add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat, add orange juice and cointreau allow to cool.
- Put the prepared fruit into a bowl and pour over cooled syrup, gently stirring to cover all fruit.
- Take the strawberries and sprinkle on top of the salad.
Cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fruit
You'll find hundreds more recipes for healthy fruit treats and snacks in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fruit dishes, give it a try!