Spiced Fruit Compote Recipe
Make your own low fat fruit compote with this recipe. The perfect treat on desserts or treat yourself and put it on pancakes for your breakfast instead of syrup.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 338
- 1 Litre/1000ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 200g Apricots, Dried, Average
- 200g Peach, Dried, Average
- 200g Prunes, Dried, Marks & Spencer
- 100g Cranberries, Dried, Unsweetened, Waitrose
- 12 Dates/240g Dates, Dried, Average
- 600ml Juice, Orange, Fresh, Asda
- 50g Sugar, Light, Silver Spoon
- 3 Servings/300g Pears, Conference, Average
- 3 Apples/195g Apples, Braeburn, Average
- Small piece/2g Cinnamon Stick
Soak the dried fruit overnight in a litre of water.
1. The next day, drain the fruit (reserving the water) and place in a saucepan with the fresh fruit.
3. Place the liquid in another saucepan with the juice, cinnamon and sugar. Boil and reduce by half.
4. Pour the reduced liquid over the fruit, bring slowly to the boil, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fruit
You'll find hundreds more recipes for healthy fruit treats and snacks in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fruit dishes, give it a try!