Indulgent French Toast with Berries
An indulgent breakfast for less than 300 calories!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 256
- 1 Med Slice Wholemeal Bread
- 1 Med Egg
- 1 Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp Caster Sugar
- 80g Summer Berries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsps Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Tsp Low Fat Spread
- Beat the egg with the nutmeg and vanilla extract. In a shallow dish soak the bread in the egg mixture, turning half way through, until the mixture is soaked up.
- Heat the low fat spread in a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat.
- Put the bread into the pan and cook gently until golden on each side.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the caster sugar.
- Serve the French toast with the yoghurt and berries, sprinkled with a little cinnamon.
Tip: You can substitute fresh berries, or indeed use any other fruit you like!
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!