Cod Baked Fillets with Roasted Potatoes Recipe
If you fancy cod but don’t want to risk the calories of the fish and chip shop, try out this low calories cod and potatoes recipe! This meal is less than 335 calories and is best served with steaming hot veg.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Calories: 334
- 732g potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1000g skinless cod fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 115g fresh lemon
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Peel and slice the onion into ¼ inch slices.
- Drain the chopped tomatoes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Wash and finely chop the thyme.
- Prepare the cod fillets and pat dry with kitchen towel, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, garlic, thyme, half tsp of salt and the pepper.
- Add the potatoes, onion and tomatoes, toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the vegetables in a medium baking dish, cover tightly with foil and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes until the potatoes start to soften.
- Remove the foil, stir and continue to cook for about 45 minutes until the potatoes have started to brown and are tender.
- Take the seasoned cod fillets and nestle them into the roasted vegetables, continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until the fish starts to flake apart.
- Sprinkle with the vinegar and basil and serve with lemon wedges.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!