Teriyaki Mackerel with Chow Mein Recipe
If you’re a fan of seafood why not give this mackerel chow mein a try? This recipe makes 4 servings so is a great low calorie meal to try with the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 321
- 2g ground ginger
- 80g teriyaki sauce
- 224g mackerel fillets
- 300g egg noodles
- 1 medium green pepper
- 6g garlic
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 175g bean sprouts
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 30ml dark soy sauce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Add the ginger to the teriyaki sauce and mix well.
- Put a sheet of foil on the grill pan, lightly grease and lay the mackerel fillets on it. Spread the sauce over the mackerel fillets. Leave to stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the noodles according to pack instructions and set aside, drain and set aside.
- Finely slice the green pepper and garlic.
- Put the prepared mackerel under a moderate grill for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan until smoking. Add the pepper, garlic and bean sprouts and stir fry briskly for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the noodles, sesame oil and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Pile the chow mein into a warmed serving dish and lay the mackerel on top to serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!