Steamed Cod & Shallow Fried Chips Recipe
A slight variation from the classic fish and chips this quick and easy, low calorie dish is a great meal for one, two or the whole family!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 435
- 800g new baby potatoes
- 80ml olive oil
- 600g cod fillets
- 80ml fresh lemon juice
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Part boil the potatoes in unsalted water, drain and cut into thick chips. Set aside.
- Put about 3cm (1 ½in)of water in the pan you're going to use to create the steam in and start heating it up.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan and heat this up.
- Place your cod fillets in your steamer, ensuring the lid is tightly fitted and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Half way through the cooking time for the fish, add the chips to the frying pan and fry till they are golden brown.
- You should have time to dry these of with a paper towel to reduce the grease before serving with the cooked fish.
|Fruit & Veg||0.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!