Spicy Tuna Jackets Recipe
By the wlr team
Try this simple recipe for tuna jacket potatoes. Full of spicy flavour and high in protein but still low in calories, this recipe makes a great lunch or serve with a salad for a simple low cal dinner option.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
1 hr 30 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 393
- 800g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 75g Mushrooms, Common, Raw, Average
- 112ml Cream, Double, Average
- 392g Tuna, Chunks, in Brine, Drained, Average
- 1 Tsp/3g Mustard, Powder, Average
- 3g Chilli Powder
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (400°F, Gas Mark 6).
2. Wash 4 large potatoes and bake in the oven for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours.
3. Gently fry the onion in the butter for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the mustard powder, chilli powder, cream and tuna, and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
5. When the potatoes are cooked through, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, mash and stir in the tuna mixture.
6. Pile the mixture back into the potato skins and return to the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!