Smoked Salmon Fish Cakes Recipe
Show of your cooking skills by making these smoked salmon fish cakes from scratch! Serve up with some steamed veg or a crisp green salad with low fat dressing, if you’ve got the calories spare! A lovely low calorie meal for one, of the whole family!
- Recipe makes: 4 2 fishcakes
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 330
per 2 fishcakes
- 600g peeled potatoes
- 100g low fat natural yoghurt
- 200g smoked salmon
- 50g medium cheddar cheese
- 28g fresh parsley
- 20g fresh chives
- 1 medium egg
- 50g breadcrumbs
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Cook the potatoes until tender and then drain and mash with the yoghurt. Leave to cool slightly while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the smoked salmon into pieces approx 1cm square. Grate the cheddar cheese. Finely chop the parsley and chives. Lightly beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Put the warm mashed potato into a mixing bowl. Add the salmon, cheese, parsley and chives and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto a chopping board or large plate.
- Divide the fish and potato mixture into eight, and shape into round cakes on a clean board or plate. Dip into the egg to coat all over, put on the board with the breadcrumbs and coat all over.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turning once in the middle of the cooking time.
Serve with a salad or vegetables.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!