Smoked Haddock Lasagna Recipe
If you love lasagna, you’ll love this twist on the classic family dish! Using haddock instead of the traditional minced beef makes this dish low fat and less than 240 calories. Best served with a crisp green salad or garlic bread, if you have the extra calories!
- Recipe makes: 5 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 236
- 568ml skimmed milk
- 1 medium onion
- ½ tsp whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 400g smoked haddock fillets
- 42g ricotta cheese
- 200g closed cup mushrooms
- 28g chives
- 1g black pepper
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 15g low fat spread
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 lasagne sheets
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Measure 90ml of the milk and keep seperate. Put the remaining milk into a saucepan, chop the onion in half and add with the cloves and bay leaf and bring to the boil then remove from heat and leave to infuse.
- While the milk is infusing place the haddock into a wide, shallow pan and cover with cold water then place onto the stove and bring to boil. Once this has boiled discard the water, then cover once again with cold water and bring to the boil again but this time cover with a lid and leave for 5mins. After the 5mins is up drain off the water but don't discard it - you'll need it later.
- Let the fish cool for a bit and then flake it removing any bones and then mix it with the ricotta, sliced mushroom and chives and then season with pepper.
- Blend the cornflour with the reserved (90ml) milk and mix it until you have a smooth paste.
- Remove the onions, cloves and bay leaf from the infused milk and add 300ml of the fish water to it (if you don't have 300ml then add water it). Heat this to boiling point then pour this over the cornflour paste stirring constantly. Return this all to the pan, add the low fat spread and and bring to the boil. Simmer gently stirring all the time then add the nutmeg and season. (the sauce will be thin because the lasagne sheets will absorb some of the liquid)
- Pour one-third of the sauce into your lasagne dish, place 3 lasagne sheets on top, then spoon half of the fish mixture over the sheets. Repeat this process finishing with the sauce.
- Place the lasagne dish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30mins until the lasagne is hot and bubbling.
Serve with a nice green salad
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!