Seafood Pilaf Recipe
By the wlr team
This beautifully season seafood pilaf is a great healthy dinner to serve with fluffy basmati rice, or a side salad if you have the calories. Enjoy a taste of the ocean with this lovely dish.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 657
- 1 medium onion
- 60g button mushrooms
- 3g garlic
- 15ml olive oil
- 125g dry brown basmati rice
- 500ml prepared fish stock
- 30g butter
- 200g tiger prawns
- 100g scallops
- 75g clams
- 15g mixed herbs
- 5ml lemon juice
- 100g salad leaves
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Chop the onion and mushrooms. Crush the garlic clove.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and cook the onion and garlic gently for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the rice and stir over a medium heat for two minutes. Add the stock. Heat till boiling, and then simmer for about 30 minutes (until the rice is tender).
- Add more stock or some water if the liquid begins to be all used up.
- Melt the butter in another pan. Add the mushrooms and prawns until the prawns turn pink.
- When the rice is just cooked, add the scallops and clams to the rice mixture. If using clams in their shells, cook until the clam shells open. Otherwise cook until the scallops are cooked through (their colour changes to opaque).
- Stir in the prawns, mushrooms and herbs.
- Adjust seasoning, and add a little lemon juice. Serve immediately with a big green salad, or vegetables
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!