Seafood Paella Recipe
A great low calorie, low fat recipe to try if you want to mix up the traditional paella! With a variety of seafood this fantastically filling meal will be a hit with family and friends and can serve up to 6. Alternatively, you can cook this meal for one and freeze the leftovers for lunches throughout the week!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 451
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g red onion
- 90g onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g paella rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 294ml dry white wine
- 1g saffron
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 180g king prawns
- 227g seafood selection
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Heat the olive oil in a paellera or large shallow frying pan. Fry the chopped onions and garlic until soft and golden. Add the pepper and fry for another 5 mins. Then add the tinned tomatos and leave to cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the rice and paprika and stir well. Pour in the white wine and bring to the boil. Mix the saffron with the boiling stock and pour into the pan. Add the prawns and the seafood selection. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and place in the bottom of a preheated oven at 180c for 30-40 mins.
- Simmer on top of the stove in the same way you would cook a risotto.
- Season to taste and stand for 5 mins before serving. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a wedge of lemon to garnish.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!