Salmon & Leek Filo Parcels
By Rebecca Walton, wlr team
Flaky filo filled with salmon, leek and cream cheese make up these indulgent pastry parcels that you can whip up in around 30 minutes.
A serving of green beans is included in the calorie count for the meal, but any green veg will go nicely and end up at roughly the same number of calories.
This recipe is from our Autumn Slimdown Plan
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 471
- 5g Butter
- 50g Shallots or Spring onions
- 2 Leeks
- 20 Sprays/4ml Olive Oil Spray
- 30g Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Juice of half a Lemon (18ml)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 Pinches Black Pepper
- 2 Sheets/90g Filo Pastry
- 2 Fillets/240g Salmon
- 160g Fine Green Beans
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
Put the butter somewhere it will melt while you're prepping.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, finely slice the leeks. Put a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat on the hob. Place a pan of water on the hob to boil.
- Spray the oil into a heavy frying pan and gently fry the onion and leeks until just soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Lay the filo sheets on the greaseproof paper, folded in half, side by side.
- Divide the leek mixture between the two sheets and place in the centre of each covering the same size as your salmon fillets.
- Lay your salmon fillets on top of the leeks, season with a little salt and pepper to taste, and fold the pastry around the fillets to make a parcel.
- Brush the top of each parcel with the melted butter and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp and the fillets cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the beans in boiling water for 6-8 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Serve each parcel with green beans and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Delicious Low Calorie Recipes
You'll find hundreds more calorie counted recipes in the wlr recipe database, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!