Penne Con Salmone Recipe
Perfect for a healthy family meal, this penne con salmone recipe is quick and easy to make. Serve with a side of fresh salad and a chilled glass of white wine if you feel like a treat, only if you have the calories spare though!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 663
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp capers
- 50g fresh basil
- 10 kalamata olives
- 4 salmon steaks
- 335g rigatoni pasta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20 cherry tomatoes
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and slice the garlic, drain and rinse the capers, shred the basil leaves & chop the olives.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until slightly short of ‘al dente’ – you will finish cooking it at the end.
- Drain and reserve 1¼ cups (10 fl oz/300ml) of the cooking water. Set the pasta to one side.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and then add the salmon to brown it on both sides for about 6 minutes, but do not cook it through.
- Transfer to a plate and pour off the remaining oil.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and along with the garlic and chilli flakes.
- Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add 1 cup (8fl oz/240ml) of the pasta cooking water and bring it to the boil, gently pulping the tomatoes as it does so.
- Add the pasta, olives and capers and cook over a moderate heat for about 2 minutes until the liquid starts to become absorbed.
- Add the salmon to the pan and break into chunks.
- Stir until cooked and the pasta is ‘al dente’ and if the sauce becomes dry add a little more water.
- Stir in the basil.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!