Oriental Salmon Stir Fry Recipe
By the wlr team
This low calorie fish dish is a great meal for any night of the week. The whole thing comes together in around 30 minutes and is sure to please the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 265
- 100g leeks
- 50g red onion
- ½ medium red pepper
- 10g root ginger
- 3g garlic
- 60g carrots
- 50g fine green beans
- 50g mange tout
- 100g fresh pak choi
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 small salmon fillets
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 50g oyster sauce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Slice the leek and finely slice the onion and red pepper.
- Cut the ginger, garlic and carrots into thin, julienne strips.
- Top and tail the green beans and the mange tout.
- Roughly chop the pak choi.
- Put the kettle on to boil. Sprinkle the leeks to cover the base of a frying pan, add the lemon juice and place the salmon, skin side down, on top of the leeks. 1 minute after the kettle has boiled carefully pour enough of the hot water into the pan to just cover the salmon.
- Put the pan onto the heat and simmer the salmon for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat when done. Gently remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm. Drain the leeks and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan, add the onion, ginger, garlic and carrots and stir-fry briskly for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and mange tout and continue to stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the oyster sauce and the leeks, and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Pile the vegetables onto a warm plate and place the salmon fillets on top to serve.
Serve with noodles or rice.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!