Moules a la Mariniere Recipe
By the wlr team
This seafood dish is low carb and full of protein. If you’re a fan of mussels you’ll love this dish served up with plenty of fresh crusty bread, but make sure to add on the extra calories
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 614
- 1000g mussels
- 100g shallots
- 115g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Prepare the mussels: Pull away the fibrous strands (beard) around the shell and scrub with a stiff brush under cold running water.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Heat 50g/2oz of the unsalted butter in a large saucepan. When hot and foaming add the garlic, shallots, wine and bay leaf. Cook over a medium heat until the shallots are soft and translucent.
- Bring the shallots and wine mixture to the boil. Add the mussels, cover the saucepan, gently shake the pan and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that remain closed after cooking.
- Strain the mussels over a large saucepan using a colander and set aside. Place the mussels into a large bowl. Retain the mussel liquor in the pan and return to the heat.
- Add the parsley and remaining butter and bring to the boil.
- Pour the mixture over the mussels and serve immediately.
Delicious with plenty of fresh crusty bread.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!