Monkfish Tikka Recipe
By the wlr team
These Indian style skewers are ideal for a low calorie dinner as they can be pre-made the night before. Cook them up when desired and serve with your favourite rice.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
8 hrs 30 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 439
- 392g monkfish
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ginger root
- ½ tsp ground cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp dry, ground garam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 196g low fat, natural yoghurt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Rub salt and pepper into the Monkfish and set aside.
- Put the garlic, ginger, spices (except the chilli), lime juice, oil and half the yoghurt into a blender and process to a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the remaining yoghurt.
- Add the chilli.
- Cube the fish and mix into the paste mix.
- Cover & leave over night.
- The following day you can remove the cubes, insert onto wooden skewers and grill until the flesh is cooked.
Serve with plain boiled rice.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!