King Prawn & Halloumi Kebabs Recipe
By the wlr team
These low calorie king prawn and halloumi kebabs are a great addition to any bbq or family table! Served with tomatoes, pineapple and mint you’re getting almost 3 of your 5 a day with this take on a classic kebab.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 498
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 lime
- 5 medium red chilli peppers
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 tsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 350g king prawns
- 1 pineapple
- 250g halloumi
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the barbecue.
- De-seed and chop the tomato. Juice and zest the lime.
- To make the salsa, dry fry or grill the chillies until charred. Place in a small bowl and cover with cling film. When cool, remove the skin and seeds and chop the flesh corsely. Place in a bowl and mix with the lime zest and juice, sugar, oil, mint and tomatoes.
- Thread a prawn, a piece of pineapple and a piece of halloumi onto each skewer. Repeat once more, finishing each skewer with a prawn.
- Grill or barbecue until the prawns are cooked through and the pineapple and cheese are slightly charred, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of salsa.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!