King Prawn & Coconut Curry Recipe
By the wlr team
A tasty homemade curry packed full of Indian flavours and seafood. This recipe is low calorie, low carb and makes a great meal when served with rice or chapatti.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 441
- 500g raw tiger prawns
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp root ginger
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 20g fresh coriander leaves
- 175g creamed coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Shell and de-vein the prawns. Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Crush the cardamom pods.
- Place the prawns into a non metallic bowl and add the lemon juice then leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
- Heat a heavy-based pan with two teaspoons of the oil and then add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured, then add the turmeric, cardamom pods and chilli powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir the remaining oil into the pan with the cinnamon, garlic and ginger. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and ginger have softened.
- Blend the coriander with the coconut cream in a mini food processor.
- Stir into the pan with the onion and spice mixture, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the marinated prawns and season with salt. Continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes until the prawns are just cooked through and tender, stirring constantly.
Serve with rice or chapattis.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!