Home Made Fish Pie Recipe
Treat yourself to this lovely homemade fish pie. At just under an hour to make it's not too labour intensive but the reward is worth it! Its low calorie and served with a side salad, makes a great meal.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 380
- 400ml skimmed milk
- 2 small salmon fillets
- 250g smoked cod
- 150g haddock fillets
- 488g potatoes
- 5 sprays sunflower oil
- 160g leeks
- 100g baby corn
- 75g frozen peas
- 24g low fat spread
- 28g white flour
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 28g mild cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Heat milk in a pan and add fish to poach.
- Boil potatoes till cooked and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat oil and add leek, babycorn, and peas, cook till leeks become tender.
- Place poached fish with the cooked vegetables and spoon into a pie dish.
- In the frying pan melt spread and add flour to make a roux, slowly add the fish milk and add dill and garlic.
- Slice the potatoes and layer on top of fish mix in pie dish.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and top with grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven to heat though about 30 mins at 180c.
This is a great recipe for making a big batch and freezing for homemade ready meals.
|Fruit & Veg||0.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!