Haddock Flan Recipe
Learn how to make a no pastry, low calorie flan with this recipe. Filled with cheesy, fishy flavours this recipe makes a great meal when served up with a fresh garden salad.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 28 mins
- Calories: 248
- 150g long grain rice
- 0g Garlic, Powder, Average
- 56g Eggs, Whites Only, Raw, Average
- 100ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 227g Haddock, Fillets, Smoked, Raw, Average
- 10g Spread, Low Fat, Average
- 2oz/56g Cheese, Gruyere
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Flake the haddock.
- Lightly grease a 20cm ( 8") pie dish.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions, drain.
- Add low fat spread, garlic powder and 1/2 egg white to hot rice and mix well.
- Line the pie dish with the rice mixture pressing firmly onto base and sides.
- Put half of the cheese onto the base of pie and place the haddock flakes on top.
- Mix the milk with the remaining egg white, add salt and pepper to taste and pour over the haddock mix.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 25 minutes, or until centre of pie is set.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top and bake for a further 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!