Grilled Salmon With Oven Roasted Tomatoes And Lemon Recipe
This grilled salmon dish is bursting with fresh flavours. To make this dish a bit quicker have the tomatoes raw. Serve it up with a crisp green salad for a fantastic low carb meal.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 35 mins
- Calories: 265
- 227g baby plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 112g fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 30ml olive oil
- 12g capers in vinegar
- 112g fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 40g green pitted olives
- 480g salmon fillets
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Turn on the grill to a medium heat.
- With a small, sharp knife remove the green 'eye' from the tomatoes, as this is tough and bitter to eat.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Sit the tomatoes cut-side up in a roasting tray, then scatter over the chopped garlic and caster sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over a generous drizzle of olive oil and sit the lemon wedges next to the tomatoes. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the tomatoes are rich and juicy and the lemon wedges are golden and caramelised. (By roasting the lemons you get a sweeter flavoured juice to squeeze over the cooked salmon).
- To make the gremolata, place the capers, parsley, lemon zest, olives, about 1 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper in a pestle and mortar, then pound to a rough paste. Alternatively blitz briefly in a small food processor, or finely chop the capers, parsley, lemon zest and olives together, then mix with the oil and seasoning.
- Spread the gremolata over the top of the salmon fillets and sit on a baking tray brushed with a little oil to stop the salmon sticking. Place under the grill for 7-8 minutes until just cooked through
- Serve the salmon with the roasted tomatoes and a roasted lemon wedge to squeeze over.
All that's needed is a green salad to complete the dish and to complement the colours of the salmon and tomatoes.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!