Fish Cakes Recipe
This low calorie fishcakes recipe is so easy to make and tastes better than store bought ones. Try adding your favourite herbs and spices to make these even better!
- Recipe makes: 20 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 72
- 25g spring onions
- 2 medium slices wholemeal bread
- 600g boiled potatoes
- 30g extra light soft cheese
- 640g fish pie mix
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Wipe and slice the spring onions. Bring a steamer up to heat.
- Place the bread into a food processor and blitz into crumbs.
- Peel and boil the potatoes until tender, mash and add the soft cheese, mix well.
- Season the fish and steam for 6 minutes in a steamer.
- Add the fish and onions to the potatoes, mix well and form into 20 patties.
- Gently roll the patties until lightly covered in crumbs
- Cook for 15min, turning over half way.
Serve with a simple green salad and a twist of lemon. Excess cakes can be frozen until needed.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!