Cod Fish Cakes Recipe
By the wlr team
For a really quick and easy meal, you can whip up these beautiful cod fish cakes! Serve in either a whole meal bun or with a crispy green salad and low fast dressing if you have the calories available!
- Recipe makes: 2 2 fishcakes
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 452
per 2 fishcakes
- 30g onions
- 227g skinless cod fillets
- 28g fresh parsley
- 227g boiled potatoes
- 1 small egg
- 14g white flour
- 50g butter
- Peel and finely chop the onion, finely chop the fish, and parsley, mash the potatoes and lightly beat the egg.
- Combine the fish, potatoes, egg, onion, parsley and flour in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into cakes.
- Melt the butter, and fry the fish cakes for 5 minutes each side.
Serve with a crisp green salad and a wholemeal bun if you prefer.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||0.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!